If your iPhone or other phone has fallen into the water, it’s worth trading fast. With our tips, you may still be able to save your cell phone. We explain in this practical tip what you need to do.
iphone fallen into the water – what to do?
- If your device is still on, turn it off immediately.
- Open the back cover.
- If possible, remove the battery, memory card and SIM card and place them on a dry cloth.
- Carefully dry visible water on the back of the phone with a cloth.
- Take a bag full of rice (uncooked and dried) and gently insert your phone. Close the bag and leave it for one or two days. The rice absorbs the moisture.
- Then test if your phone works again.
iPhone dropped into the water
- Remove the iPhone from the water source as soon as possible and switch it off if necessary.
- Dry your phone from the water by gently blotting it with a dry cloth.
- Put your iPhone in an airtight bag of rice and leave it in there for at least 48 hours.
Also Read : How old is my iPhone? check iphone age
You can do that wrong
Unfortunately, in the zeal of your rescue attempt, you can do a lot wrong. Here are some things you should not do:
- Do not dry your smartphone or parts with the hair dryer, heater or the like and protect it from direct sunlight. Excessive heat can destroy the device or only distribute the water more in the hardware.
- Do not start your mobile. Otherwise you risk a short circuit.
Water damage is not a breeze, and no guidance on the Internet is a guarantee that a fallen into the water smartphone works again. A mobile phone repair shop can help you in any case. Take an outdoor smartphone to prevent natural hazards.