Recently, you can now use the Facebook Messenger in dark mode. However, the activation of this dark mode is hidden in an easter egg. How to activate the mode in the Facebook Messenger, we tell you in this practical tip.
Facebook Messenger – Requirements for the Dark Mode
The hidden feature requires the current messenger version.
- Dark Mode works on both iOS and Android devices.
- To use the feature, download the latest version of the Facebook Messenger.
- You can find both the iOS version and the Android version on our download portal .
Hidden function: How to activate the dark mode
So far, the night mode feature is well hidden. With a simple trick you activate the feature.
- Launch the Messenger app and open any of your ongoing chats. Alternatively, you can of course also start a new chat.
- Now just send your chat partner the “Crescent Moon” message. The symbol can be found in the keyboard below the emojis.
- As soon as you send the message with the crescent symbol, numerous crescent emojis will fly across the screen.
- Dark mode is not activated yet. The flying emojis are just an indication that you can now enable this mode for your smartphone .
- To do this, go to the Facebook Messenger settings by clicking on your image. Here you will now see the new function “Night Mode“, which you can now activate with the slider.
Also Read: how to add contact in whatsapp