If you no longer want to use Spotify , you can cancel your Spotify account and then delete your account. This works for both a Spotify Free account and a Spotify Premium subscription. How to delete your Spotify account, and what you should pay attention to, you will find out below in the guide .
Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services on the net. Meanwhile, you can even watch videos through the music streaming provider or hear Spotify offline . Anyone who simply does not want to use the service anymore or has found a better alternative to Spotify can delete their account directly or switch from the Spotify Premium subscription back to the free version by canceling their account. Both ways to delete the Spotify account, we present you below.
Also Read: free spotify premium account no survey
Over the digital music service Spotify, you have access to over 20 million songs of all genres. While you have to cope with some restrictions in the free version, the paid premium version offers unlimited music enjoyment without advertising.
Delete Spotify account
Meanwhile, Spotify is no longer the only service on the net with its offer. Google also offers a similar service with Google Play Music All Access, for example. Amazon has also recently launched a competitor with its Prime Music.
Anyone who has looked at the countless Spotify alternatives and opted for another service should delete their Spotify Acccount . For a decision, try our Spotify or Deezer music streaming service or our text on Amazon Prime Music . If you have a paid Spotify premium account, you must cancel it beforehand .
How to Delete Spotify account
If you want to switch to another service altogether, you can delete your Spotify Free account. Proceed as follows:
- First, open the Spotify website then log in and scroll down and click on the about link.
- Select the category “Account” there.
- Now click on the “I want to close my Spotify account permanently “.
- Now you will be asked if you really want to leave your Spotify account permanently or if you want to keep your “Free account”.
- If you click “close account”, you have to give a reason why you want to delete your Spotifiy account .
- Now click on “Send question” to submit your deletion order. Spotify will review this and initiate the deletion of your account shortly.
Cancel Spotify Premium – That’s how it works
Of course, you can also cancel your paid Spotify subscription. If you want to cancel your Spotify Premium account, your account will be changed back to “Free” (web based service).
- Log in to the Spotify website with your user data.
- Click on “Subscription and Payment”> “Update Details” and then on “Cancel Subscription”.
- After choosing a reason, confirm with “Next”.
- Now all you have to do is enter your password in the appropriate field and click on “Cancel Spotify Premium Subscription”.
Delete Spotify Account is not working
If the above steps are not effective and you still own your account, you will need to remove your account through another means. Simply send an email to Spotify indicating your username, date of birth, email address, zip code, and reason for deletion. As a result, the account should soon be deleted by Spotify.