Error 0x80070643 occurred on many devices during a Windows update in spring 2019. The reason for this is usually the Windows Defender.
How to Fix error 0x80070643
There is now an update from Microsoft that fixes this problem. Update your computer as follows:
- Open the Windows settings and select “Update and Security”.
- Click “Check for Updates”.
- As soon as a corresponding update has been found, it will be installed. You may need to restart your computer to complete the installation.
- If there are no updates or the update does not fix the error, follow the steps in the next section.
Also Read: how to get windows 10 for free
How to fix errors during the update
If it is not possible to install a newer update, stop the update service manually.
- Open the command prompt with administrator rights .
- Enter the command “net stop wuauserv” (without quotation marks) and confirm with [Enter]. To stop the Windows Update service.
- Navigate to the following folders and delete all content in C: \ Windows \ Temp and C: \ Windows \ SoftwareDistribution .
- Start the ” Run ” dialog and open the path “% UserProfile% \ AppData \ Local \ Temp” (without quotation marks).
- Delete also here all contents of the folder.
- Go back to the command prompt and start the update service again with the command “net start wuauserv” (without quotation marks).
- After a restart, you should be able to search for Windows updates.