Via Instagram you can not only publish photos, but also chat with other users via messages. We all know how to send direct messages from our Instagram app. But How to send direct message on Instagram from computer?
You can open the photo community via the browser. The functionality is limited. For example, you can not send messages directly, for example. Nevertheless, you can chat via Instagram with a PC on Instagram.
How to send direct message from Windows 10
Windows 10 users have it the easiest: For the DM chat you do not need to open the platform in the browser. Installs Instagram’s Windows 10 desktop app instead. After opening you can as usual also from the mobile app via the icon direct messages send and read received messages.
Also Read: how to see who unfollowed me on Instagram
How to Direct Message on Instagram from PC
Even without Windows 10 you get the chat on the PC, but must do some preliminary work. This requires an Android emulator . This leaves the Android App of Instagram with all the features synonymous on the PC to run. It does not matter if you usually use Instagram on the Android smartphone or iPhone. Prerequisite is only an Instagram account and a Google access. If the Google account does not exist, you can create it for the emulator:
- For example, the ” BlueStacks Player ” is suitable for the purpose . Other Android emulators are ” Andy ” or the Nox App Player.
- Install BlueStacks and start the program.
- After starting, follow the instructions to sign up for the Google Play Store account.
- You can use the search function to download the Instagram app for the PC.
- Log into Instagram with your usual access data.
- The app offers the same functionality as on the smartphone. So steer the “Direct Messages” on the usual way. You can use the arrow symbol to search for chat partners or to retrieve and continue already started chat profiles from Instagram on the PC.
It remains to be seen whether one retrofits on Instagram and, for example, as with WhatsApp Web also unlocks a chat feature for the browser. Until then you have to use the path via the Windows 10 app or the Android emulator.
Write us in the comments or share the article. We look forward to your opinion – and of course you are welcome to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.