The phone often replaces the digital camera – but how to transfer photos from phone to computer? Here are three methods for Android phones and a solution for the iPhone that will allow you to back up your photos on your computer.
Copy photos via SD card to the PC – the easiest way
If you have a smartphone with a micro-SD slot, it can be very easy:
- Turn off your phone and remove the Micro SD card.
- Now plug these into the (usually supplied) SD adapter.
- This in turn comes in the card reader of your PC – by autoplay you will now be in the folder that contains your pictures. This is usually called “DCIM”.
Transfer photos by cable
Android smartphones can also be easily connected via data cable to the USB port of your computer.
- A pop-up menu appears on the Android smartphone, select the option “Drive” / “Hard drive” (wording varies by manufacturer).
- Shortly thereafter appears on the PC via autoplay again the folder with all included files. Find the “DCIM” folder and romp around with simple copy and paste.
how to transfer photos from samsung phone to laptop
If you own an older Samsung phone, you often do not have direct access via the Explorer. Here’s a little guide how to transfer photos from Samsung phone to laptop :
- Start the Samsung kies .
- Connect your smartphone via USB.
- After a short loading phase, a submenu appears on the left side of the kies – select “Photos” here.
- Select the desired images with the left mouse button – a right-click opens a pop-up menu. Here you decide to save the photos on the PC.
- In order to find the files not only in the software, but also in the Explorer, you have to go to the installation directory of Kies. This is usually located under “C:”> “Programs”> “Samsung Kies“, but may vary depending on your installation preferences.
Transfer photos from iPhone to PC
Incidentally, even Apple has now created a very nice solution for copying photos – you are here exceptionally not dependent on the own software “iTunes” .
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB.
- Open the Explorer, under “Portable devices” or “Computer” find your phone and select it.
- In the appearing submenus, there is only one folder at a time – the first level is called “DCIM” again. Click here and you will get to your picture collection.
- As usual, you can copy selected files here or cut them out and transfer them to your hard disk.