I think at some point, you have probably wanted to send files from your phone to your computer. Most people also desire to display images on bigger screens or make edits to documents on multiple devices. Luckily, there are several ways of sending files between Android and computer, all of them having their own pros and cons.
Do not worry if you are facing problems while transferring files from android to a computer. Various ways exist for one to meet the desired target. Now let us consider options of physically connecting the Android phone to the Windows computer via USB cord.
A lot of times, the phone substitutes a digital camera, but what should be done to send pictures from the phone to the computer? Three ways of performing a backup of photos in an Android phone, and a solution for iPhone to save photos in your computer system.
Copy photos via SD card to the PC – the easiest way
If you have a smartphone with a micro-SD slot, it can be straightforward:
- Turn off your phone and remove the Micro SD card.
- Now plug these into the (usually supplied) SD adapter.
- This in turn comes in the card reader of your PC – by autoplay, you will now be in the folder that contains your pictures. This is usually called “DCIM”.
- Now, plug the SD card adapter into your PC. Then, copy the files from the memory card and paste them into any folder on your computer.
Transfer photos by cable
Android smartphones can also be easily connected via a data cable to the USB port of your computer.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- Then, tap the notification bar on your mobile and switch it to file transfer mode.
- Now, open File Explorer and look for your mobile device; it should appear under your drives.
- Double-click to access your mobile’s storage, select all the files you want to transfer, copy them, and paste them into your desired location on your PC.
how do transfer photos from a Samsung phone to a laptop
If you own an older Samsung phone, you often do not have direct access via Explorer. Here’s a little guide on how to transfer photos from a Samsung phone to a laptop :
- Start the Samsung Kies.
- Connect your smartphone via USB.
- After a short loading phase, a submenu appears on the left side of the kies – select “Photos” here.
- Select the desired images with the left mouse button – a right click opens a pop-up menu. Here you decide to save the photos on the PC.
- To find the files not only in the software but also in Explorer, you have to go to the installation directory of Kies. This is usually located under “C:”> “Programs”> “Samsung Kies“, but may vary depending on your installation preferences.
Transfer photos from iPhone to PC
Interestingly, even Apple has come up with another great way of copying pictures – you don’t need that software “iTunes” anymore.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB.
- Open the Explorer, under “Portable devices” or “Computer” find your phone and select it.
- In the appearing submenus, there is only one folder at a time – the first level is called “DCIM” again. Click here and you will get to your picture collection.
- As usual, you can copy selected files here or cut them out and transfer them to your hard disk.
How to transfer photos from phone to computer using email
The email application you have installed on your phone can be of great help when transferring photos from your phone to your computer via mail. With this technique, cables and adapters are no longer necessary which is very easy. However, keep in mind that it is best suited for transferring a small number of photos since email attachments have size limitations.
If you’re using Gmail, you can attach multiple pictures without any issues. If the size of the attachments exceeds the limit, Gmail automatically creates a Google Drive folder and places all your photos in it.
Here’s how you can proceed:
- Open the email app on your phone.
- Add your email address as the recipient.
- Use a subject line that is relevant to the content of your email, so it’s easier to identify.
- Tap on the paperclip icon to attach a photo.
- Browse through your gallery, select the desired photo, and verify it is correct.
- Send the email. You don’t necessarily need to add any text in the body of the email.
- On your computer, access your email and locate the email you sent to yourself.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the photo and click on the Download or Download icon (usually represented by a downward arrow). Then, choose the destination where you want to save the photo on your computer.
However, this process always remains the same whether you are using a Mac or a PC.
how to transfer photos from your phone to your computer wirelessly
A USB cable that is compatible with every version of Android cannot always be found whenever there’s an urgent need to “transfer Android files to pc”. Additionally, there can be cases where the USB port on one of the devices is damaged, or the PC can simply refuse the cable.
Wireless transfers are the easiest option during such scenarios. Such approaches can be very handy if you have a problem with one of the “Android to PC transfer not working” USB ports.
However, there are many choices. As one of the preferred free and fast programs for transferring files, AirDroid File Transfer. With this software, you can easily file transference from one platform to another irrespective of its compatibility and format. Moreover, AirDroid allows you to type on your phone with your laptop keyboard. File-sharing alone becomes even more versatile this way.
How to transfer files from mobile to computer with the AirDroid app
When it comes to “How to transfer files from an Android device to a PC,” AirDroid emerges as the optimal solution. Follow these straightforward steps to get started:
Step 1: Visit the AirDroid webpage on your PC and create an account.
Step 2: Scan the QR Code displayed on the PC screen to install AirDroid on your Android device.
Step 3: Open the AirDroid mobile app on your device and sign in.
Step 4: Tap on Me then tap on ” security & remote features” and give necessary permission.
Step 4: Under my devices tap on ” airdroid web”
Step 5: Enable the “storage permission” for airdroid .
Step 6: Go to http://web.airdroid.com and sign in by using your account or QR code.
Step 7: Click on the “files” folder choose your requirement file and download it to start the transfer.
Taking a good photo has never been as easy as it is with modern mobile phones. Even though it is more convenient to upload these photos to one’s computer where they can be edited, saved, and even viewed. The procedure itself is simple and does not take too much time. Though Bluetooth may seem to provide an instant solution for moving just a couple of images, a cable connection is much faster and safer when transferring larger files.
While it does not matter which way you transmit information, Google Photos comes as a valuable tool that gives you both local and online access to your photos. Therefore, this can be a choice for file backup and access on your PC depending on how fast your internet is.