Especially if you’re using Instagram professionally, two-factor authentication can be a useful feature for you. What is behind it and how to enable the feature in Instagram, we show you in this article.
Two-factor authentication in Instagram – that’s what you need the feature for
- If you have activated the two-factor authentication in Instagram, the access data (username, password) alone will not be enough to log in to your account.
- You will also receive a code via SMS to your deposited number, which you must enter for login.
- The double authentication thus provides protection if your access data is hacked. As long as the hackers do not have access to your smartphone at the same time, they can not log into your Instagram account.
Also Read: Instagram Account hacked – what to do?
How to enable two-factor authentication in Instagram
- You can enable secure authentication via the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Go to Instagram in the lower right corner of your profile picture.
- Then tap on the symbol with the three horizontal stripes in the top right corner.
- In the now opened menu, go to the bottom of “Settings”.
- Select “Two-factor authentication” from the list.
- Touch the button “Request security code” and confirm with “Activate”.
- You will then receive a first code sent to your stored phone number. Enter this in the displayed text box.
- On the next page you will receive several replacement codes from which you can create a screenshot. You need these codes if you want to log in to your account but can not receive text messages – for example when you are abroad.