Deleted files such as images can usually be easily recovered. There are also free programs that thoroughly scan your hard drive or storage device and retrieve the deleted files. In our practical tip, we will show you how to get your photos back.
How can I recover deleted pictures for free?
When you delete a file on your PC, it first ends up in the trash.
- Double- click the recycle bin icon .
- Search for the deleted files.
- Right-click on the file and select “Restore”.
- The file is then in the folder on your PC from which it was deleted.
- To restore multiple pictures, hold down the Ctrl key and click on each picture.
- Then follow the recovery steps above.
Also Read: I dropped my iPhone in water – how to prevent water damage?
Restore deleted images from the recycle bin
When you delete pictures from a usb drive, SD card, or external hard drive, they usually do not end up in the trash. Even if you have emptied the trash, you can restore the images in many cases.
- Download the free program ” TestDisk & PhotoRec ” and run the file “exe” file in the directory.
- First, select the volume in the list where the images were located.
- Click on “Browse” and select a folder in which the program should save the recovered photos.
- Click on “File Formats” and select the file types to save the program. Typical image files are JPEG, GIF, PNG and TIF.
- Click on “Search” to start the recovery.
- The deleted pictures appear in the selected folder during the process.
Alternatively you can also use “Recuva” to restore the deleted files .